Saturday, July 30, 2011

Max's Beach Day 2011

July 8th 2000, is a day I will never forget. It was the day I delivered my first baby. It was the day we were given a gift of pure goodness, and decided to call him Max. Max loved to celebrate his birthday. Not for the presents, although I'm sure he didn't mind them :), but for the chance to be together with his friends and family. For his 10th birthday, he was planning a "Minute to Win It" birthday party. He had planned the games and written the guest list and supplies needed on some paper. He had even practiced with Abby and was going to let her be the official announcer for the games. As we all know, Max past away a few days short of his 10th birthday and his party plans never went further than that piece of paper. For this year's annual Max's Beach Day, our families threw him a "Minute to Win It" birthday party. It was another wish of Max's that has now been fulfilled and it meant so much to Ryan and me. It was the perfect way to honor and celebrate our sweet Max. We can't say thank you enough to our family and friends for being there for us.



Before the party, our  family visited "Max's Place" and remembered him.







All of the kids wrote messages and sent them to Max.


Happy Birthday my little bud, we all miss you and we will never forget you.

I found my camera, but not until after this day. Click here and here for some great pics of Max's Beach Day



Stay tuned for more living . . .

7 comments:

Meghann said...

The messages to Heaven bring tears. I love how you celebrate Max by doing what he wanted to do.

Harris Family said...

What a great idea to fulfil Max's birthday wish!! I love it! Happy Birthday Max!

Anonymous said...

This post was precious. Thank you.

Rachael said...

That is so neat

Christina said...

loving the lego colored balloons--

how fun that Max got to have his bday party just how he wanted it!

i really like this year's tshirts too--

Anonymous said...

I wish I met Max because he likes Legos and I do too. Someday I'll meet him in heaven, though.

Ethan Barlow (age 9)

Annalisa said...

loves & hugs!