Monday, July 18, 2011

Baby Update

We were happy with three kids. We felt good with our family of five. But life has unexpected turns and our last turn left us heartbroken. Our family will always include Max. We could never even try to replace him and would never want to. We made a decision that was led with prayer and a lot of thought and discussion. Our journey took us down a very bumpy road and we ended up in a fertility office called La Jolla IVF. Dr. Smotrich and his staff were amazing and now I am pregnant with not only one but two babies! It was a lot more complicated but I wont go into too many details. I am now 13 weeks pregnant and out of my first trimester and feeling a lot better. Our lives have been turned completely around. If someone were to have told me 13 months ago that I would lose a son, move to a new town, live on a ranch, and have twins; I would not have believed them. But it's all true. Ryan and I were talking the other day and he told me . . . "one thing you can count on in life is that it's always changing." The part that I like about it all is that we always have the chance to make it better. This is us making it better.


I see my OB tomorrow, maybe we will see what we're having!?!


Stay tuned for more living . . .

9 comments:

Emily Parks said...

we are so happy for you guys and the decision you made. we think about you guys often. Hugs to your family.

Erinn said...

That is just so amazing! Two babies! Congratulations!

Rachael said...

Wow, that's great for you guys! You guys definitely deserved some happy news

Harris Family said...

Awesome!! Congratulations! I can't wait to read updates on this new adventure in your life! Your family is amazing to me!!

Shalece said...

Hi- I hope this doesn't sound creepy!...but, a year ago when I heard about the accident with your son, a friend led me to your blog because she felt how you have shared your feelings and experiences was courageous and inspiring, and I would have to agree. You are an inspiration, trying to live life to the fullest despite the turns your lives have taken. And I don't even know you, but couldn't be happier for your family and your exciting news!! Twins, wow! I have no doubt that Heavenly Father watches over your family, even though I bet at times it doesn't feel like it. Anyways, thank you for sharing your life :) and Congratulations!!
Sincerely,
Shalece Beyler
csbeyler@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

This is another one of those "I hope this doesn't sound creepy" comments.. :) But, I live in in the Temecula area and heard about your blog from one a friend of one of your friends I believe, and I just wanted you to know how much strength I am drawing from you right now. Our little girl (11 1/2 months old) is in the process of possibly being diagnosed with muscular dystrophy and I am heartbroken. I don't even know where to begin to pick up the pieces, but reading back about how you have kept living despite the changes in your life makes me realize others go through hardships and can not only survive them, but live WELL despite them. I just wanted to thank you, honestly, for sharing your heart and letting "strangers" read your blog. Congrats on the twins. :)

Meghann said...

Wow! Great, Great News! So excited for you guys :) I love the way you write, just beautiful!

Megs said...

I love what Ryan said...because it's so true. So glad things are changing for the better. :)

Christina said...

I LOVE your honesty and your ability to "tell it like it is"--it's refreshing. I never imagined my life to be how it is today as well--but you are so very right--we decide if it will be a happy one!