Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy 60th!


We were able to celebrate Ryan's parent's 60th birthday on a cruise in Hawaii. Oh man, is Hawaii beautiful or what!! I had never been on a cruise before. I always thought I would be claustrophobic, eat too much and get sea sick. It was nothing like that! We explored different Islands every day, ate when we wanted and were entertained in the evenings.





This was the only Taxi available to accommodate our large group and luggage. A few months ago when I was deciding what car I was going to buy, the girls said they wanted a limo or a motor home. They were disappointed when I didn't get either one, so they were really excited to ride in the old school 1980's limo. I was grossed out by the strange stains; look at the ceiling above. The girls' feelings of excitement won over all the cooties I was feeling and we had a really fun ride to the ship.









Welcome to Honolulu


Hiking to the Seven Sacred Pools in Maui





Ryan just walked up to the falls, took his shirt off, scaled the mountainside and gracefully dove off the top. Look close at the pic to see him diving. Something about the act was pretty sexy. Especially when that big buff guy on the left stood at the top for many minutes before getting enough guts just to jump off; then flopped in like an oaf when he hit the water. When Ryan came in, I kissed him, slapped him on the behind and told him to never do that again.



Watching the dive.







The kids enjoying the swim with Grammy and Papa












Next stop . . . Hilo




Stay tuned for more living . . .

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love your pictures! Glad you all had fun.

Ali said...

LOved the pictures, I can't wait to see more. I love the picture of Charlie and GRammy in the limo, so sweet. And the one of Abby in the green meadow, grassy area, priceless!!

Rhonda Riley said...

I loved all the pics...except 'the dive'...you are the perfect person for Ryan Leanne ~ love you!

Megs said...

Those pictures are absolutely amazing! Looks like so much fun!

Meiken said...

Love the pic of Abby and Charlie running into the water. Precious!...and thanks for the image of the "stained" limo. haha. Your girls did tell me they wanted a limo, so you are a good mom!!!

Christina said...

Maui is so fun! Jons parents called us in 2000 and said "if you buy your own plane tickets we'll take care of the rest-come play with us in Hawaii!"--well twist my arm! so off we went with them--
we drove the TWO LONG HOURS on the Road to Hana---get to the end--IT WAS CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!! r u KIDDING ME!??! bug. So we found a spot off the road--we all got out of our cars and IGNORED the "Do not get in this water" sign--swam to the fall--took our pic-swam back and left. Good times!

The stains up above--dang..that is crusty scary!

I cant believe this was your first cruise?! We just took one to the Southern Carribean--we love cruises.

Ye Stewart Clan said...

I love your travel photos. Please do not stop traveling!