Friday, April 8, 2011

Charlie Jackson

Charlie loves music. When we heard about Justin Beiber and fell in love with the sweet boy with amazing talent, we thought for sure she would feel the same. Nope. Her first and only true love is Michael Jackson and according to her, there is no room for anyone else.


One day after school, she threw herself and her tears, yes real tears, onto my bed and confessed that all her friends are in love with Justin "Beaver" and nobody but her is in love with Michael Jackson. I told her that daddy and I love Michael Jackson too, gave her a kiss on her forehead and we went up and made some fruit soup, her favorite, and forgot all about it... below is what I found in her backpack the next day.



I think it was a statement of commitment to her class.


There's just a few problems with that purchase, but I didn't have the heart to tell her.



stay tuned for more living . . .


7 comments:

Ginger said...

My boys are pretty obsessed with Michael Jackson too. Tell her she has great taste! :-)

Megs said...

That's darling! And she has really great taste in music! :)

Anna @ D16 said...

This is awesome! Please reassure Charlie that there are LOTS AND LOTS of us out there who are in love with Michael Jackson, too, and plenty of us have cried real tears over him just like she has. :)

Ashley said...

It's okay to let yourself like both Charlie...just ask Chase.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Leanne,
I feel a little guilty saying I know you and you don't really know me.Our paths have crossed many times threw our children and I have been following your blog from time to time...I have thought about leaving you comments before but never could find the courage...I just wanted to say, you are a truly beautiful person inside and out, your faith just touches my heart and I feel blessed to be able to see gods love and grace shine threw you and your family! When I read your post about Charlie and Micheal Jackson it just made me giggle...poor Charlie! Please let her know she isn't the only one in her class that LOVES Micheal Jackson, my son even has a dance move he calls the "Micheal Jackson" Bless their sweet innocents...Thank you for sharing!

LisaB said...

I love reading your blog. I grew up with your husband. He was in my ward when we were quite young. Your family is beautiful. And your journey is one that touches many who join you along the way.

I have a 7, almost 8 year old daughter who isn't into Justin "Beaver" either and LOVES Micheal Jackson. She adores his music! She also loves watching that DVD of his planned tour, This Is It. So your Charlie can take comfort in knowing she isn't alone in her choice of music....she just has great taste is all!

Have a truly Happy Day :) We think of your family often and stop by your blog when we can to check in and see how you're all doing. Can't wait to see the pictures of your new digs.

Christina said...

Hi Lisa up above! HA-gotta love the good old Orange Stake Youth-

All four of my girls made fun of JB--then I took the younger 3 to the Bieber movie..I admit..I've got Bieber Fever--i didnt expect to cry during the movie! HA