Friday, April 15, 2011

Breaking in the New Place

We are getting settled into our new place in Oceanside. We bought an old condo and for the last 4 months I have been engulfed in the process of gutting it and rebuilding it. Have any of you seen Sarah's House on HGTV? Her theory is that you can buy a cheaper house, rebuild it to fit your style while staying in your budget, and it would be the same amount you would have spent on a nice house in the same neighborhood. I put it to the test and it proved true! We were debating between 2 condos; one that we were renting, it was really nice and completely finished and an older condo down the street that needed a LOT of TLC. In the end we opted for the older one and I am so happy we did. Now, it is perfectly us.

Pictures to come soon . . . it turned out really awesome!

Here are some sneak peeks of us breaking it in and some of the occupants.


Creating some family art to hang on the wall

Ryan and I did have our shirts on :)




Sophisticated Mr. Bugsy

Enjoys his well balanced meals, head scratches and walks on the beach.


Mr. Peanut

Happy, hyper, quite the Houdini and could probably power our condo with all the spinning he does on his wheel.



The girls are in LOVE.



Stay tuned for more living . . .

5 comments:

Ali said...

OH, this will be one of your places I won't be able to come see..I CANNOT wait for the pictures. Your decorating and building skills totally inspire me. The view out your window makes me SOOOOO HOMESICK for O'side. I miss the beach so much!!! Love the art. Love you guys!!

The Francis Family said...

I've seen that show lots and love what you did... what I can see so far :) The backsplash is beautiful not to mention the artwork the kids are doing. What the? You have a lot of talent in your family. oh and what a view.

Megs said...

From what I can see, I am already in love with the new place! Excited to see more pictures!

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

What a great idea to have the kids do the artwork! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Christina said...

So cool! The way you decorate CAKES I cant imagine what you can do with a whole CONDO!!!!!

Those furry creatures are too cute--but honestly only cute from where I am sitting--glad they are with your girls and not mine. My girls didnt "clean the cage" often enough...pee ew.