Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wild Animals and Sunshine


We said goodbye to the Gold Coast for a bit and drove to Brisbane.


Before we said goodbye to my Grandma and Uncle Lionel we stopped to visit my Grandpa Allen’s grave site. He died when my Mom was 16 so I was never privileged to know him. This is the closest I have ever been to him, it was a very special moment for me.

We checked out shops, art museums, ate food at a street market (Ryan ate a “Banger”, the Australian term for bratwurst) and rode a ferris wheel that overlooked the entire city.




A trip to Australia would not be complete without a visit to the Steve Irwin Australia Zoo.




Abby was a bit nervous feeding the kangaroos and wallabies so we did it together


There were a lot more animals seen and enjoyed by the girls (especially the little ponies they were able to ride) but my camera’s batteries had exhausted themselves. We could definitely relate.

We checked out Caloundra and watched the sunset on the Sunshine Coast. We have also taken it upon ourselves to experience every flavor gelato offers. It’s a tough job but we feel like it’s our responsibility as tourists, and we take our responsibilities very, very seriously.


I think in this pic I told them to say "gelato" :)


The harsh reality of Max’s absence still slips in. We have our good cries, good because there's nothing bad about missing our boy, and we are fighting for our happiness together as a family. We have never been stronger or closer.

Stay tuned for more living

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love your signoff. And I love your description of fighting for your family's happiness. If anyone can do it, you guys can.

Love the pictures, love the updates, love you!

Scleroderma, Sarcoidosis and Box Wine said...

The pictures are beautiful. Thank you for sharing your experience. What a tribute.

Ann said...

Have a gelato for Grammy! We love and miss you.

kimbo said...

Hi! Sorry for stalking your blog again. Just wanted to let you know that Ann shared a beautiful message about Max in primary yesterday. We were all so touched by his life. The kids even went on a treasure hunt in the church in honor of him! Thank you for your example. You have an amazing family. We know Todd and Ashley through Ann and Randy. And I went to high school with Josh Harris. Such a small world! You have definitely inspired me to do more living.

Nathan said...

I love the photos. The girls are looking older these days. Looking forward to seeing you guys next week.

Emily said...

These are so great - especially the one with the piggy! Love you guys.

The Francis Family said...

I want to go on a family vacation right now! I can wait until the babies are older, but it looks like such memorable times. Keep fighting!

Megs said...

You have the most beautiful family! Your pictures are just lovely.

Christina said...

i love the finger in the pig nose photo---classicness!!

those ice creams look oh so messy--perfection.

as long as you keep on fighting--we are all going to keep on praying!