Tuesday, July 27, 2010

There is life after death, we're going to live it!

When I started my blog, this is what I wrote in my "about me" section. . .

*
We are a family determined to live life! It may not always be perfect or it may not be the way other people think we should live it but it's our life and heck, whether it be small or big, simple or complex, short or long we are going to live it!
*

Death has laid it's heavy hand on us and has hushed a laughter we've held so dear. Max has moved on to a better place but his memory and laughter will always remain with us.
With Max's death, our life has been turned upside down. What better way to handle it than to take an extended trip to the down under, Australia. We packed our bags and headed out, determined to lose ourselves in order to find ourselves. I'm tellin you, there's a lot I'm finding out about myself and my family.

This is us . . . LIVING life.



Watching the sunrise on Palm Beach with the bare necessities, "Pinky" and an apple

Did you know I'm half Australian?? This is my Grandma Shirley and my uncle Lionel


The view of Palm Beach from our flat


Love

Stay tuned for more Living

14 comments:

Ann said...

LOVED this post. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful place and beautiful people who know how to LIVE life. LOVE YOU!

Ashley said...

You just made my day...after a couple of days of crying. Looking forward to you coming back, don't get any crazy relocation ideas.

PapaRandy said...

You sure know how to lift our spirits today! Love you much!

The Francis Family said...

Love seeing the pics of you in Australia visiting family. You sure do know how to make the most of life. Charlie looks so cute!

Felicity May said...

You guys have always known how to live life right. That why we tag along! Love you guys and thanks for sharing your trip with us. We miss you

*megan said...

I love it! You guys inspire many. Looking forward to seeing you.

Emily said...

Hooray for OZ!! We're so glad that you're there, but we're going together next time. Love you guys and love the pictures.

Kimberly said...

What an AMAZING post. I was blown away by the title alone. You're an incredible family, and a great example. Love you.

P.S. Loving Ryan's hair!

Em N. said...

Yeah! SO happy to hear from the Harris fam. Looks like you're having an amazing time. Seriously, you DO know how to live a good life. You guys are amazing!

Kyle and Whitney said...

So awesome! You guys sure know how to live life to the fullest. :) You're the best. Glad you are having a fun trip together. Love you!

Katie Waldron said...

LOVE this post and we love you guys so much!! Hope to see you soon! xoxo

Christina said...

too fun!!! happiness is all around you and you can feel it as you read your thoughts and see it in the photos--love it

Ali said...

I am excited you got away. The pictures are beautiful! I am glad you are living life, we pray for you all the time!! Love you guys!!

Nathan said...

Thanks for sharing. It's so great to see photos of you guys - you've been away a long time. Keep living life to the fullest down under.