Friday, July 30, 2010

People

When you are confronted with death you think about stuff. I thought about people. I had a dream the other night where I was talking with Max. I asked him if he was having fun playing with his Legos in paradise. In my dream, he looked at me with a coy smile and admitted that he had forgotten to take them with him.
Stuff is stuff but people and our relationships with them, is the heart of our existence. Relationships and experiences are eternal, let's make them good ones.


This is my uncle Lionel and I on a cliff over looking Duranbah, a beach the locals call D'bah.

Lionel was born to fish

My Grandpa Allen taught him when he was three


Lionel wanted to teach the girls to fish. So, we fished. . . a lot.

Abby loved to have the ocean water spray her face, she was totally soaked but loving life.

Charlie had the time of her life after she threw up all over the boat.



Lionel would go as a kid, with my grandpa and my mom fishing for yabbies and crabs.

We wanted to experience it too

The girls followed him around like little ducks

Ryan became an expert yabbie catcher

Abby with a yabbie

This is my mom, Lionel, and my grandpa Allen at a bird sanctuary in Carrumbin around '54
They would go in the mornings to the feed the birds

We wanted to go too.

It was still there

This is My Grandma Shirley

She might not remember what she told you 5 minutes ago or which door leads to her bedroom but she is the sweetest thing to be with and be loved by



She taught the girls how to peel prawns and shell crab.

We ate some tasty fresh seafood dinners

Happiness

Stay tuned for more living

20 comments:

Robert said...

Leanne, that was an incredible post. Thank you for sharing. Memories for a lifetime. Love and miss you, Rob.

Rachael said...

Looks like your having so much fun learning and living life! Love the pics!

Ann said...

What great pictures. I think Abby looks like your mom when she was little. You are so sweet to share your Australian adventure with all of us.

PapaRandy said...

Wow, what great photos and insight into simple but profoundly important aspects of life. Love you much and so glad you can take this time.

Emily Parks said...

Chris would love your uncles shirt. Glad you guys had fun fishing. We need to take our little girls sometime. We used to take them to get ghost shrimp at the lagoon off Tamarack.

Ashley said...

We are going to call Abby "Yabbie" from now on. So fun-Todd is very jealous that you guys are there right now. And Abby looks a lot like your Mom, which I never saw before.

And Ben wants to say, "Abby's hair is very wet right now and I don't know why it's very wet," and also, "Abby, how did you catch some crabs?"

Kyle and Whitney said...

So cute! The girls look so happy. :) You all look like you are having a great time and making some sweet memories.

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful smiles in the past couple of posts! Very sweet.

-Lisa (Chavez)Barlow

Celine + Cameron said...

Love the pictures! I'm so glad you guys are enjoying your time over there. Come back soon, we miss you :)

stephanie said...

such a beautiful post! you are definitely making some good experiences. thank you for sharing them, you are such an inspriation!

Dana said...

Wow, Australia is beautiful! Keep living life just like your saying! I love you Leanne!
Dana

Jackie Howe said...

So glad to see that you and your family making great memories down under. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Muah!!!

Meghann said...

I love your last line..."Stay tuned for more living." :) You're family is so dang cute!

AndyPandyJackaDandy said...

Such a great post! Love the old school pics of your fam--specifically your uncle with the gigantor fish! So great! One of my best friends is Australian and I've always wanted to go there--thanks for re-whetting that appetite!

Christina said...

is ryan still deciding whether or not he likes the crabs in that last photo!? too funny!!

your half australian?!?! how cool is that!!!

relationships are ALL THAT MATTER--that's why i have 850 Facebook friends!!

Carlson Clan said...

I'm so impressed with how functional your family has been through such a huge trial. It looks like you guys had a great time in Australia.
Jennifer

The Francis Family said...

Thanks for taking time to share how you are doing. Love the picture of Aunt Diane as a little girl and all the smiles.

Debra said...

I would like to thank your family for continuing to be an inspiration to the rest of us!

Nathan said...

Another inspiring post. Thanks to Max, Leanne and family for teaching us how to live life.

Meiken said...

What a touching post. Loved the pics and inspiration. You family is amazing! xoxo