Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Marathon


Saturday October 4th I ran the St. George Marathon. I woke up at 3:50 am, got ready and Ryan drove me to the park downtown to catch the bus that would take me to the start line. When I got out of the bus it was raining. I was given a plastic bag to keep dry and sat on the ground for an hour in the windy rain until the race started. I had been really sick prior to the race and thought I should stay dry so I wore the trash bag for about 11 miles (I took it off after a guy told me it looked like I was wearing a parachute). The rain ruined my pace watch so I had no idea how fast I was running and at about mile 8 my ipod wasn't working. I was tempted to quit because my muscles couldn't get warm (did I mention there was a head wind?) but am happy to say I didn't quit and I never stopped. I still can't believe I did it.

My family and parents waited for me in the rain at the finish line. Now that's dedication!

Distance MARATHON

Chip Time 03:48:51
Overall Place 1587 / 5030
Gender Place 456 / 2180
Division Place 77 / 310
Age Grade 59.2%
Pace 8:43.8

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are not as dedicated as your family, but we were thinking of you and feeling sorry for you the whole time!

-Kimberly

Emily said...

Congratulations on a great race Leanne!! You trained really hard and it totally paid off - way to go!

Ashley said...

YOU are AMAZING!

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

That's wonderful! Even after being sick. Great job.
Melanie