Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Father's day and Charlie



Fathers Day was a great day! It consisted of waffles and handmade cards and gifts from the kids, church, homemade cinnamon rolls, family basketball game of "horse" and throwing the football, and watching home videos of Ryan when he was a kid. I am so happy and grateful the kids have a father like they do.


The kids are growing up so fast! There are so many times I wish I could capture the moment in a bottle and keep it forever. Here are a few of Charlie's moments below.

I couldn't get the video clip to work but in the video I was asking her where Snowflake, our pet hamster, was. I knew she had left the cage open and was very excited to hear her response. She didn't disappoint and told me of her concern for the missing pet then proceeded to tell a great story of how snowflake magically disappeared. It was priceless.



The girls were playing in the living room while I was cleaning the kitchen and this is what I heard . . .
Abby: "Charlie, do you believe in Jesus?"

"Yes"

a little time and playing goes on . . .

Charlie: "Abby, do you believe in Jesus?"

"Yes"

Me: "Abby, how do you know he's real?"

"Because I'm special, and if you believe in him you can be perfect."
a little time goes on . . .

Abby: "Charlie, how do you know Jesus is real?"

"Because I'm perfect."


Going home from Church I asked Charlie how her class was, this was her response.

"Charlie, how was your day at church?"

"A blind boy pushed me!!"


"A blind boy pushed you?!"

"he pushed me on pupus (purpose)"

"Tell me what happened."

(talking very fast): "It was clean up time and he didn't want to clean up and so he kept the car and then it was bubble time and he kept popping bubbles with his car!!"

"If he was blind, how did he see you or the bubbles?"

"I don't know, he was just blind."

Me slowly figuring it out: "Did the boy have blind hair?"

"yes, that mean boy was blind all over his head."


Charlie was helping set the table for dinner . . .

"Mommy are the pictionaries coming over?"

"the pictionaries?"

"yeah, are the pictionaries going to eat with us again"

"Oh, the missionaries, yes, they are coming for dinner."

"Are they going to look at me?"

"You don't want them to look at you?"

"No, I don't want they to look at me."

"Okay, I'll tell the pictionaries not to look at you."

"Thanks mommy"


Charlie what can I get you for a snack?
"I want some magical oranges."

"Magical oranges? What do magical oranges look like?"

"You know in the blue can that has a picture of the magical oranges."

I finally understood she was talking about mandarin oranges

"Yes Charlie, you may have some magical oranges."

7 comments:

*megan said...

Those are priceless! So funny!

Ann said...

I hope you print your blog and keep it forever. These tidbits are too precious to ever lose.

ERK & MRK said...

Oh my goodness! I'm totally laughing out loud! What great conversations, I just love it :)

Christina said...

hilarious--so fun to have them documented!

Kimberly said...

Love the cute Charlie conversations, and congrats on your race! Can't wait to cheer you on in October.

Kimberly said...

Tell Max happy birthday from us! I'm thinking about him today.

Brooke said...

Hey! i finally figured out how to blog! actually, it's still in the works. anyways, your stories about charlie crack me up!..so cute! you have a gorgeous family!