Saturday, October 20, 2007

Moving on

Well, we have officially moved! Last Wednesday we packed up our things and moved to our dream house. We are so excited to be living in, what we hope ends up being, the house we raise our family in. We will miss some things about living in the beach house like; walking to the beach almost every sunny day, the cute old couple who live next door, the ocean breezes that flowed through the house and of course the memories that we made with the kids. Some things I wont miss are; the sounds of the train going by (especially the freight train at about 3am), the lack of space we had for the kids, the proximity to the neighbors, and especially the anonymous person who wrote this letter and left it on my car window.......

JULY 25, 2007

TO THE RESIDENTS AT *********.
IT HAS COME TO OUR ATTENTION THAT SEVERAL RESIDENTS HERE ON ********** HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT ONE OF YOUR CHILDREN CRYING EVERY SINGLE NIGHT SINCE YOU MOVED HERE.
YOUR WINDOW IS CLOSED AND STILL THE SURROUNDING TENANTS CAN STILL HEAR YOUR CHILD CRYING FOR HIS MOTHER. WE WANT TO AVOID CALLING CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES, SO CAN YOU PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THIS SITUATION.
WE CANNOT KEEP BEING DISTURBED EVERY NIGHT.

SINCERELY,
SEVERAL SURROUNDING TENANTS.

Just to clarify, Abby (4 years old) was having night terrors (nightmares that you can't wake up from). Yes, she was crying for me but I was right there holding her. I did close the windows, I thought I was being courteous, although it was crazy hot weather and no A/C. Needless to say, I am very happy to move from that person.:)

Here are some pics of the house before we bought it (not our furnishings). I am excited but I also feel a little guilty, very spoiled, and very grateful. Ryan works really hard and I'm grateful the kids and I can be the beneficiary of it.




8 comments:

Kimberly said...

There is NOTHING wrong with being a little spoiled! I can't believe that note...you have had such nightmare experiences with neighbors I'm surprised you're not moving to your own compound. Can't wait to see the new house in person. It has such cool ceilings...I have ceiling envy, I have to admit.

Emily said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys, that is such a great house. Kimberly, that is so funny I suffer from ceiling envy as well - I love the beams!

Christina said...

WHAT is UP with that "tenant"?!??! i would have been bringing out the TP at night and getting some "work" done-GEESH!

VERY cool to be moving!! the house is stunning! where is it?? are you in the same ward? schools? etc? i love how you got a photo of the fam room and the kitchen-those are the only rooms us women really care about!! i LOVE the front door! im having front door envy!!

Ashley said...

I hate jerky people like that. From the pictures it looks like you are very far from any other neighbors. How nice. I can't wait for the day (who knows when that will be) when we move into a dream house. And yes, the ceiling envy goes for me too. I can't wait to see all the cool things you do to it. I'm sure you've already started.

Ann said...

I am so happy for you to be settling into your new home. Don't know if I can wait till January to see it in person. As for your former neighbor...nobody messes with my grandkids!!!

*megan said...

We can't wait to see your place. Hopefully we can come next week after these crazy fires are out. See you soon.

Nathan said...

Women and ceiling envy. I didn't realize this was so common. The things I learn from blogging. Congratulations on the home guys!

Ang said...

I'm steamed about that letter, but onto happier thoughts. Your home is beautiful! Enjoy it and don't feel guilty. Hope I can come stay sometime.