Sunday, September 30, 2007

Surprise!

We did it! I don't think anyone has ever done it, but we did it. We surprised Ryan! You have to know the guy to appreciate the talent it took to make this happen. Christmas was never a surprise for this guy. On Christmas Eve Ryan would rip the wrapping paper open and peek at his gifts. Then he would rip his brothers' presents open and peek to see what they were getting. Every birthday he knew, every Valentines he knew, every holiday when a gift or event was planned he knew. Don't ask me how because I don't fully understand his powers, but it's true. So this last Friday night I rented out some lanes at a local bowling alley, invited all his friends, brought some bowling pin cupcakes and had Rob work his magic to get Ryan there on time. It was a recipe for success. Toward the end I was getting nervous that information had been leaked, but when he walked into the bowling alley the look on his face was proof he had been gotten. So many people showed up and as I looked around at all his friends who care about him and had made the effort to be there, it confirmed to me again that Ryan is such a great guy and I am happy and proud to be his wife.


8 comments:

Ann said...

This is as big of a surprise for Ryan's mother as it was for Ryan. You did the impossible Leanne!!!

Christina said...

How fun for Ryan! Happy Bday!

PapaRandy said...

Success! Congrats! But I want to know who won the bowling games?

Nathan said...

Sorry I missed the big bash, but I didn't want Ryan to lose at his birthday party. (Yes, that's an official bowling challenge.)

Ashley said...

Well done Leanne. I wish someone could surprise me. I'm like Ryan and have super guessing powers. Happy bday Ryan!

Leanne said...

To answer your question Randy. Ryan bowled a 185. That was pretty hard to beat.

*megan said...

Way to go Leanne. Happy Birthday Ryan. Wish we could have been there. Abby's party looked darling too. Love the photos you take! You do amazing birthday parties, Leanne. Have a fun weekend in Hawaii!

RSM said...

We out smarted Ryan. Booya... feels so good. -Rob